April 2021

Big Changes

Hello friends, It has been a long time since we last updated this blog. First, I want to thank you for your prayers, support and love for our family.

As you know, in January, 2017, we were sent by our church, CCR, to Guadalajara to start a church from scratch. For 4 years we faithfully shared the Word, and we rejoiced to see God working in people's lives. It has been a good time, where we learned to trust God and rest in His will. We are sure that nothing we do for our Lord Jesus Christ is in vain.

The year 2020 was a very difficult year for us economically, as it was for many around the world in the wake of the pandemic. In March, we had to close the doors of the place where we were renting to meet online for practically the rest of 2020. Since the place we were renting was a party room, we would be fined if we opened the doors, and the owner forbade us to do so. In spite of this, we never stopped preaching the Word and visiting and supporting our brothers who were also very affected by the pandemic. By the grace of God, we were able to continue paying the rent for the salon month after month throughout the year, even though we had to pay a lot, and the offerings fell to 20%. During all of our time in Guadalajara, I always worked to provide for my family and support the church, but my work also slowed down a lot. It was not possible for me to continue paying for the car and renew my Uber insurance. In January 2021, Guadalajara was still on high alert. Since it is a very large city, the government took drastic security measures. Therefore, it was impossible to renew the rental contract and we decided to hand over the building where we met. We were looking for a cheaper house to live in and continue to record the church online, in hopes of getting back together as a home group in the near future. After searching for four weeks, we did not find a place. I could not find a new job, either. It was as if all the doors were closing for us.

After praying for many days, and even crying with some brothers, asking God for an answer since we love Guadalajara and the people we met there, God moved us to Sonora. There I had a job waiting for me and a place to live. It has always been clear to me that my first call is to God, to love him, to know him and to make him known. Before being a pastor in the church, I am a pastor in my home. I firmly believe what it says in 1 Timothy 5:8, “Because if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.” God opened a door for me to work in Sonora, and I continue to faithfully teach the word of God on our church’s website. We have online meetings, but now that it is possible to gather in person, and churches are beginning to open, I am beginning to personally encourage the brothers to congregate in person in a church where they can continue to grow in the knowledge of our Lord.

Here where we live, there is a Calvary Chapel San Luis Río Colorado. It is a small church that is just starting. We want to support the pastor and be a blessing. I have already had the privilege of preaching there, and I firmly believe that God designed the church to reach entire families and communities.

My wife Linda is 8 months pregnant. We are very grateful to God for our little Elisabeth, who will be born in May. I ask you to please be praying for the delivery. Our children Israel and Abigail are happy to spend more time close to their grandparents, cousins and family that they have here that they used to see only once a year.

Personally, I know that we are going through a stage, and that God in His time will have more open doors to ministry for me. It is my desire to plant another church when God wants and where he leads us. Last month, my pastor Mike Vincent invited me to teach at the Rosarito church planting class, and I shared some important lessons for future planters. I spoke of 4 points.
# 1 God is still faithful.
# 2 God is worth serving.
# 3 Remember who you serve.
# 4 Follow God's order: God, family, church.
It was encouraging to be there and talk to my pastor about a future church plant. I was very happy to know that I still have his support. He reminded me of Romans 11:29, “For irrevocable are the gifts and calling of God.”

For now we continue trusting in God and waiting on His will and enjoying this family time waiting for our little Elizabeth. Thank you very much for being part of our family. We thank God for your lives and you are always present in our hearts and in our prayers.


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Dios es bueno

God is Faithful

November 2016