March 2016

We know that 2016 will be a year filled with many blessings, an important year for our family, and a year of preparation. Since the Lord saved me, six years ago, he has been putting a love for my home town on my heart. I can look back and see that God has called me and has been preparing me for this time. God is moving us to Guadalajara where we plan to live and begin a Calvary Chapel church in the city next year, 2017. I am very thankful with God for the opportunity that I have to take His Word to this city that is so in need of the gospel. 
1 Timothy 1:12 “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.” 
I am also grateful with God for my wife Linda, who is by my side, believing in the calling of God in my life. It is really exciting to see something that we have prayed for two years now become reality. Without a doubt, the plans of God and His timing are perfect. Linda is faithful taking care of our daughter Abigail and preparing herself also for this adventure of faith. We also want to give thanks to our family in the faith and for friends who support us in different ways. 
Guadalajara
Close to eight million people live in Guadalajara. It’s one of the cities with the least Christian churches in Mexico. The main religion is Catholicism and there are five hundred Catholic churches and it is known for having the largest seminary of priests in the world. There are also thousands of followers of a sect called “The Light of the World”. It’s really sad to see such a beautiful city, filled with history, culture and constant growth that is so far from knowing the truth of the Only True God. There need to be more churches that teach only the Word of God, The Bible.  

Church Planting Class
Glory to God for our church, Calvary Chapel Rosarito, and the vision it has to prepare workers for the work of the ministry. There are eighteen men in the class and five pastors. This class is designed to train and equip future pastors and send them out to do what God has called them to do. I give thanks to God for the life of my Pastor, Mike Vincent, who is also my mentor outside of the classroom, teaching me in a more personal way.

Serving in the Church 
Four Months ago we returned to Rosarito and have had the great opportunity to share the Word of God. I am also serving at the welcome table receiving new believers. Linda is helping in a weekly women’s bible study on Mondays at church and taking care of babies in the nursery on Sundays. It is a blessing to be able to serve in the body of Christ.
Grace Childrens Home
Our time at the orphanage is going very well thanks be to God, we are deepening our relationship with the children, loving them and at the same time, instructing them in the Word. Please be praying, that they would grow in their relationship with God.

Thank you for your prayers!!!  
All the glory belongs to Him, who is the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. “To the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.” Jude 1:25

Contact us:
nicaragua.fernandez@gmail.com

Comentarios

  1. Wonderful how God has directed your path to Guadalajara to plant a church. May HE guide your steps and give you the wisdom and passion that you need to produce much fruit for HIS Kingdom! Blessings, Pastor Carlos Sales

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Dios es bueno

God is Faithful

November 2016