Autumn 2019

Hello family and friends.
I wanted to share an updated blog with you.  As you know, I arrived in Guadalajara with my family to plant Capilla Calvario Esperanza Viva two years ago from the ground up.  We began this adventure of faith convinced of God’s calling on our lives to serve Him in this city.
As a pastor, it’s sometimes been difficult to see the church grow slowly.  But through it all, I’ve learned to rest in the Lord and continue with faith, joy and appreciation.In the recent months, the church has grown with new families that have begun to attend.  My heart is filled with joy when people arrive to hear the word of God and they are consistent in returning.  Most of them are new believers and they have a hunger to know our Lord. It’s a blessing to serve the Lord as we serve His people.  During this time, God has raised up leaders, teachers, and a worship team. To Him be the glory! GOD IS FAITHFUL. Please continue to pray for the things that God is doing at Calvary Esperanza Viva.
I also wanted to share with you that I have a new job that allows me to provide for my family and be a blessing to the church, especially since I don’t receive a salary from the church because we are a young church with mostly new believers.  The offerings only cover a portion of the rent for the church building. Nevertheless, God has provided every month. Glory to God!

As I mentioned in our last blog, the snack stand I was running was consuming a lot of my time and expenses in upkeep and taxes. After praying, I decided to change my employment. I’m now driving for Uber and enjoying my new job because my schedule is flexible to our family’s needs and I have the opportunity to share the Lord with others and invite them to church. The rent I used to pay for the snack stand, is now applied to the monthly car payment for the car I use to work, which is a blessing as our family vehicle also.
My first calling will always be the Lord, my family and the church, in that order.  I also thank the Lord for my wife who helps make it possible and for my children that although they are little, they love the church.  They wish it would be Wednesday and Sunday every day so that they could gather with the brethren.
We thank you very much for your prayers and financial support that helps us to further the kingdom of God here in Guadalajara. 

Prayer Requests: 
- for the church. That they would keep growing in their relationship with Christ 
- For Church Missions groups to come and support us in reaching our great city.
- For my new job, protection while driving.
- For my family - that we would continue to depend on God for His provisions. 

If you would like to be a part of what God is doing in Guadalajara or feel led to support us in some way, please reach out to us! 
Email: eduardo.linda.fernandez@gmail.com
God bless you.
Eduardo Fernandez 

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Dios es bueno

God is Faithful

November 2016