June2019

Hello friends. We want to share with you an update of our blog!
We apologize for taking so long!

I am grateful to God for his work here in Guadalajara. At the beginning of the year we celebrated our second anniversary! God has been faithful. We also had a visit from our brothers at Calvary Chapel Oceanside. They were evangelizing and holding conferences in the Church. It was a great blessing to have them with us because they brought joy and encouragement to our lives.
The church has been growing slowly, but above all, in a healthy manner. People who are mostly new believers are beginning to serve and develop their gifts and talents in different areas within the church. On Sundays, I am teaching verse by verse through the book of Mark, and it has been very edifying to learn together from our Lord Jesus Christ.
My prayer is that more people can come with the desire to know their Savior and share their faith when they invite others.
In May we started a home Bible study every Friday at 8 pm in Tlaquepaque, in the eastern area of Guadalajara. Every Friday more neighbors come to hear the Word of God, and a family has already begun to come to church on Sundays. This is the vision in the medium and long term. To be able to extend to the north, south, east and west of this great city. Please keep this group in your prayers.
The Lord called me to serve Him and that is what I continue to do with my family; we are trusting in His promises. In His perfect time, we know that God will bring a great harvest. Occasionally it is difficult, because I would like to see many come to the feet of Christ, but I know that now is the time to sow and be faithful in the little things. Guadalajara is a beautiful city of 8 million inhabitants and a huge need to be reached. Statistically, less than 2% are evangelical Christians. The harvest is great, and the workers are few.
We arrived in the city 2 years ago and have been blessed with the visit of 4 missionary groups, who have helped us to share the gospel with our community. They have also worked on different projects in the church, equipping us to have a better place. Glory to God for Calvary Chapel Rosarito, Calvary Chapel Oceanside and Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara. Thank you.
We have a large and beautiful place with space to continue growing. For that reason, we want to invite you to participate with us in the work that God is doing here in Guadalajara. Would you like to come for a weekend or a week? We extend you a cordial invitation. Even though people are proud of their traditional religion, they are also willing to listen to the Good News. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact me or my wife, and we can begin to pray and plan.
Finally I want to take some time to share something very personal for my family and me. As you know, a year ago I started a small business selling Tejuino, Nieves, fruits (a snack store) in order to have a job with a source of income. I finished my one year contract and decided not to renew it anymore. The government asked me to do a lot of remodeling and hire an accountant, pay new taxes etc. which became difficult. Above all, the most important reason why I made that decision, is that my main calling is with God, my family, and the church. Taking care of the business started to take a lot of time, buying, preparing and selling. I have peace in my heart about this decision. My wife and I have been praying for a new job for three months. We have thought that driving for Uber is a good option for me, because I do not have to prepare anything and basically there are no bad seasons (we were affected a lot by the 5 months of rain). The city is very big, and everyone uses Uber. I could manage my time easily, provide for my family, and take care of the flock that God has entrusted to me.

Thank God our family is very well. Our children are healthy, growing very happily and they love church on Sundays. My wife, Linda, has continued to struggle with her thyroid. In fact she had a very large hormonal imbalance. Please pray for her health. Even though it does not always feel good. It is a great testimony to see her serving not only us, her family, with so much love, but also the church. Please continue to pray for her.
My family and I are very blessed to have you in our lives. We want to be in touch with you more frequently. Thank you very much for your support and prayers.
We love you! God bless you!

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Dios es bueno

November 2016

Preparándonos para comenzar!